Presenter: Dr. Ashley Garrett, PhD, LPCS, RPTS, EdS, NCC, ACS
Date: Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
Time: 830am-400pm CST
Location: Live Interactive Webinar
Cost: $125.00 (Payment Link will be sent to you via Paypal once you complete registration.)
6.00 Clock Hours Total
- 6.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 6.00 Non Contact Clock Hours- APT Approved Provider No. 15-430 (no quiz)
Program Content Description / Learning Objectives:
Play therapy is beneficial as a method for problem solving with a multitude of populations when words are unable to be provided. This interactive workshop will provide you with tools to engage adults in deeper processing work.
- Participants will develop a deeper understanding of research about play therapy and play therapy with adults.
- Participants will learn and practice two play therapy activities to increase problem-solving skills with adults.
- Participants will learn and practice two play therapy activities to enhance attachment in adulthood.
- Participants will learn and practice two play therapy activities that are CBT based and that will help adults who have anxiety.
- Participants will develop a deeper understanding of the different play personality types as outlined by the National Institute of Play.
- Participants will learn how to document play therapy in an ethical manner to meet third-party reimbursement requirements.
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional training is designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancellation fee of $10.00. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to email@example.com. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.