Presenter: Dr. Ashley Garrett, PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S, ACS, NCC
Date: Wednesday May 24th, 2023
Time: 12:00pm-7:00pm CST
Location: Garrett Counseling, Jasper, AL
Cost: $100 (Payment link will be sent once you have registered via Paypal.)
6 NBCC / APT Contact Hours
- 6.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 6.00 Contact Clock Hours- APT Approved Provider No. 15-430 (quiz required)
Program Content Description:
This training will teach participants theory and practice of solution-focused play therapy approach. Providing both historical and experiential learning opportunities, participants will gain insight on how to use S-FPT with their clients by developing a stronger therapeutical foundation as well as directives for therapy
- Participants will be able to list key figures that have contributed to the research of Solution-Focused Play Therapy.
- Participants will be able to explain the basic theoretical tenets of Solution-Focused Play Therapy.
- Participants will be able to implement three Solution-Focused Play therapy techniques to use in therapy with children or teens.
- Participants will be able to implement three Solution-Focused Play Therapy techniques to use in therapy with adults.
- Participants will learn how and practice creating SFT scales to use in the playroom with children.
- Participants will learn how and practice creating SFT scales to use in the playroom with parents and guardians.
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional training is designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancellation fee of $10.00. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.