Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illnesses in the United States. They affect 40 million adults, or 18% of the population. Anxiety disorders can be disabling and lead to other problems, such as depression, substance dependency, and suicide.
The goal of therapy for anxiety is to help people feel better by teaching them how to cope with their symptoms. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety(CBT) and exposure therapy for anxiety are the most effective treatments for anxiety attacks. CBT helps people change how they think about things that make them anxious and teaches them how to deal with stressful situations.
Other therapies that may be helpful for anxiety include dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), response prevention (ERP), and mindfulness-based therapies.
Who Is It For?
Therapy to reduce anxiety is not only for people with anxiety disorders. Everyone can benefit from therapy to better cope with stress and anxiety. However, therapy can be an extremely effective treatment for people with anxiety disorders. Our therapists have been specifically trained to deal with the following anxiety disorders:
- General anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Anxiety can be mild or severe, and some people may not know they have it until they start having some of the following symptoms:
- Feeling overwhelmed or stressed out most of the time.
- Having trouble sleeping or staying asleep at night.
- Experiencing regular panic attacks or feelings of intense anxiety.
- Avoid activities or situations that make you feel anxious or uncomfortable.
- Feeling tense and jittery most of the time, especially in social situations.
- Having a hard time concentrating or focusing on tasks.
What Can You Expect?
At Garrett Counseling, we offer different types of therapy for anxiety and depression. Here are some of the things we will do to ensure you recover quickly:
- Create a treatment plan that is tailored specifically for you.
- Create a safe and supportive environment for you to talk about your anxiety.
- Enable you to understand your anxiety and how it affects your life.
- Give you practical tools and techniques to manage your anxiety.
- Be supportive but also honest with you about your progress.
- Encourage you to continue working on your anxiety even after finishing therapy sessions.
- Monitor your progress and adjust the therapy plan as needed.
The Benefits of Seeking Therapy for Anxiety
Therapy can be a very beneficial way to deal with anxiety. Here are four of the most important benefits:
- You will learn how to manage your anxiety symptoms more effectively.
- Therapy can help you understand the root causes of your anxiety and find solutions to them.
- Therapy can provide you with support and guidance during challenging times.
- Through therapy, you will develop healthy coping skills that can improve your quality of life.
Our services are a great option if you want a clinic to help reduce your anxiety. We can help you feel better and live a more productive life. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you get the relief you need.