The Anxiety & Depression Association of America states that 19% of American adults experience anxiety. Anxiety can often be easily treated, and working with an anxiety specialist can be very beneficial. At Garrett Counseling, we have counselors trained in working with adults who are experiencing anxiety at our locations throughout Alabama.
What Is Anxiety?
Every person will experience some level of anxiety and stress throughout their life. However, when anxiety begins to interfere with daily life, it can be beneficial to seek the support of a mental health professional.
Determining when to seek support for anxiety can be difficult. In general, if you or someone you love is experiencing any of the following – it could be time to reach out to an anxiety specialist:
- Often Expect Worst Case Scenarios
- Consistently Feel Irritable or Restless
- Experience Physical Symptoms Like Heart Racing, Nausea, Shortness of Breath, Etc.
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Avoidance Of Daily Activities or Difficulty Completing Activities (School, Work, Shopping, Leaving The House, Etc.)
How Can An Anxiety Specialist Help?
Working with a counselor can be beneficial for those experiencing anxiety. The support of a counselor can help you:
- Learn Coping Skills
- Reframe Unproductive Thoughts
- Understand Anxiety Triggers
- Have A Safe Space To Work Through How You Feel
Get Started Today
If you are looking for an anxiety specialist, our team has counselors to support you! Contact us at (256) 239 – 5662 to learn more about our offices in Albertville, Huntsville, Jacksonville, & Jasper, as well as online options.
For Additional Information
If you are looking for additional information about anxiety, you might enjoy one of these blogs written by Garrett Counseling team members: