Counseling for Infertility
Hearing the diagnosis of infertility sends a shock wave of emotions. Anger, sadness, guilt, and hopelessness are only several of many you may experience. Many couples have found help through counseling for infertility in Huntsville, AL. Be encouraged. You are not alone, and there is help available to you.
When to Seek Help
Dealing with infertility can be overwhelming. Your time and thoughts are filled with doctor’s appointments and decisions to be made. In the middle of all the medically-based focus, it’s easy to lose sight of your mental health. Stress takes a toll, and emotions may creep in affecting your thought processes without you even realizing the effects. So how do you know when it’s time to speak with a counselor? The following list outlines certain feelings, behaviors or time frames that are indicators that it’s time to seek help with a counselor.
- Following a failed treatment or beginning a new one
- Needing guidance on what treatment decisions to make
- Wanting a third party’s advice on options such as egg/sperm donation or surrogacy
- Lingering unwanted feelings of guilt, anxiety, sadness, anger, or loneliness
- More frequent tension or arguments with your partner, family, or friends
- Trouble remembering things or concentrating on tasks
- Isolating yourself from social circles or events
- Desiring assistance from extended family or outside of your family
- Thoughts of suicide or death
We Offer Compassionate Counseling for Infertility in Huntsville, AL
Some people seek of their own accord to deal with the loss, anger, or other other emotions related to infertility. Others seek help to find the right path forward as a couple. Finally, one may seek help because their infertility clinic requires it before using donor sperm, egg or embryos. Whatever stage of the infertility process you find yourself facing, Garrett Counseling can help. Our skilled therapists can help with communication between you and your partner, with decisions you are struggling to make, and create a bridge of hope between where you are and where you want or need to be. You don’t have to struggle alone. Click here or call (256) 239-5662 today.