trauma therapy after car accidentIf you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s common knowledge that your physical injuries and your car repair or replacement are covered through insurance. But did you know that you can claim emotional distress and trauma therapy as well?

Pain and Suffering

Being in a car accident is a traumatic experience and can leave the victim with psychological distress. You might be afraid to drive after the accident. You might be afraid of cars behind you or coming at you from side streets depending on your accident. Maybe your injuries weren’t that severe but you are experiencing trouble sleeping or crying spells related to the trauma of the accident. Emotional distress falls into the category of pain and suffering in your personal injury claim.

How Can it be Covered?

In order for your personal injury claim to cover trauma therapy related to your accident, you will need to provide more than just a list of symptoms you are experiencing. Your mental health provider will need to prove a correlation between the trauma of the accident and the psychological effects you are experiencing as a result of the accident. These effects will need to be clearly outlined and directly linked to the negligence of the opposing party. To simply state, “I’m having anxiety and am afraid to drive because of this accident” is not enough evidence to prove the legitimacy of your pain and suffering requiring trauma therapy.

Find Out More

Contact one of our trauma therapy specialists at Garrett Counseling today to discuss your personal injury claim. Our mission is to provide you with the care you need to enhance your quality of life. Visit us at one of our  three convenient locations, Huntsville, Albertville / Boaz, or Jacksonville. We also offer teletherapy visits. Reach us today at (256) 239-5662. You can also fill out our contact form here.