Presenter: Dr. David Pittman, Ph.D.
Date: Friday, April 19th, 2024
Time: 12:00 – 3:00 PM CST
Location: Live Webinar
Cost: $75 — **You can also purchase the entire 2024 Neuroscience Series (6 Trainings — 18 CEUs) for $375
3 Contact Hours
- 3.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 3.00 Clock Hours – Alabama State Board of Social Work – Provider No. 612
Counselors will gain a general neuroscience refresher where they will:
- Gain increased understanding of neuroanatomy related to counseling: Amygdala: fear; Hippocampus: memory; Insula: interoception; Prefrontal Cortex: cognition; Cingulate Cortex: self-regulation.
- Gain a greater understanding of communication and connectivity in the brain (the importance of electrical signals and neurotransmitter chemicals and receptors especially related to plasticity of circuits and connections).
- Increase understanding of the sleep-wake system in the brain and what other systems influence it.
- Increase understanding of the difference and importance of both slow-wave sleep and REM sleep.
- Increase understanding of the relationship between memory formation and sleep patterns.
- Increase understanding of the relationship between mood, emotion and sleep patterns.
- Gain basic understanding of the relationship between successful therapy and sleep patterns.
- Learn how to apply techniques to improve the sleep quality of clients.
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional trainings are designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For for information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
Making Payment: Once you register, you will receive a link in the email you provided to make payment. You have not RESERVED your seat until you have paid.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancel fee. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to email@example.com. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.