Teens are typically moody creatures thanks to the normal cycle of life. So how can you know if your teen is dealing with something more serious? In this blog, we are going to look at some behaviors that could indicate that it’s time to seek teen counseling in Jacksonville, AL.

teen counseling Jacksonville, AL

Technology and Teens

Teenagers today are faced with situations that were unheard of when their parents were growing up. The past few years with so much screen time has led to more issues. Sometimes it is difficult for adults to relate with what is going on in the frenzy of social media, changes in what is socially acceptable, and keeping up with influences through television, movies, and video games. Technology, although beneficial in many ways, has created a portal into a world that leaves teens exposed to a whole new level of bullying, image comparison, sexual pressures, and more.

Typical vs. Troublesome

On the surface, it might be difficult to decipher if the behavior of your teen is typical or a cry for help. Read on for a list of more serious behaviors that should be considered troublesome.

  • Missing school assignments and dropping grades
  • Acting out in school – getting in trouble, skipping class, etcetera
  • Withdrawing from friends and social events
  • Hotter temper than usual
  • Sleeping more than normal
  • Drinking or doing drugs
  • Talk about death or suicide

You know your child better than anyone else. If you suspect something is not right, don’t second guess yourself. Talk to them and then schedule therapy.

Garrett Counseling Specializes in Counseling for Teens

If you are seeking teen counseling in Jacksonville, AL, Garrett offers services for all ages. Our teen counselors have decades of experience working with the teenage population and understand what it takes to reach these young adults. Online and in-person options are available to fit the schedule and comfort level of each individual. Get your teen the help they need by calling Garrett Counseling at ​​(256) 239-5662, or submit a request online here.