Presenter: Dr. David Pittman, Ph.D
Date: Friday, August 12th, 2022 Noon-3pm CST
Location: Live Webinar
3 NBCC Contact Hours
- 3.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 3.00 Clock Hours – Alabama State Board of Social Work – Provider No. 612
About the Presenter: Learn more about the presenter, Dr. David Pittman, Ph.D., by clicking here.
Program Content Description: This training will explore the biological mechanisms underlying three of the most common depressive disorders; Major Depressive Disorder, Postpartum Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder. First, we will review the brain structures and neurotransmitters involved in mood and emotion. Then, for each of the three disorders, we will discuss the symptoms, neural correlates and treatments. Finally, we will discuss the neural commonalities between the three disorders.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Counselor will be able to recite knowledge about the brain structures involved in mood and emotion
- Counselor will be able to explain the role of serotonin in the brain
- Counselor will be able to Identify the behavioral characteristics of Major Depressive Disorder, Postpartum Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Counselor will be able to identify the neural structures and neurochemistry underlying Major Depressive Disorder, Postpartum Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Counselor will be able to explain how behavior, psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, and medical interventions impact the brain to reduce the symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder, Postpartum Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Counselor will be able to explain how activity dependent plasticity underlies the successful treatment of depressive disorders
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional trainings are designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For for information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
Making Payment: Once you register, you will receive a link in the email you provided to make payment. You have not RESERVED your seat until you have paid.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancel fee. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.