Thriving with ADHD at Any Age
Living with ADHD can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to control your life. With the proper help, you can not only live with your diagnosis, but you can thrive! Whether you have been dealing with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) your entire life or it has been newly diagnosed, ADHD counseling can help.
What it Is
ADHD affects people of all ages and is actually the most common mental health disorder that affects the pediatric population. There are three categories of ADHD, and these include inattentive, hyperactive, and combined. Let’s take a look at the symptoms that define each type.
- Careless mistakes/not paying attention to detail
- Difficulty managing time/disorganized
- Seeming to be in la la land when being spoken to
- Inability to focus or stay on task
- Not following through on tasks
- Regularly losing things/personal items
- Easily distracted
- Excessive talking
- Unable to do things quietly
- Inability to remain seated
- Always on the go
- Interrupts others when they are speaking
- Difficulty being patient, i.e. waiting in line
Someone diagnosed with combined will have at least two traits of both inattentive and hyperactive.
How Therapy Helps
ADHD treatment involves learning techniques for behavior management. Strategies to decrease distractions and increase your ability to structure your time better are only a couple of the benefits you can achieve with ADHD counseling. At times, including family members in your counseling sessions or other areas of your ADHD treatment may also be helpful.
Let us Help
Garrett Counseling is staffed with a team of experts in the field of ADHD counseling and treatments. If you have been living with ADHD or have been newly diagnosed, let Garrett help you get organized, focused, and back on track. Call us today at (256) 239-5662, or click here to complete a brief online form, and one of our professional team members will reach out to you shortly.