Presenter: Ashley Garrett, LPCS, RPTS, NCC
Date: Saturday, January 9th, 2021
Time: 9am-4pm CST (10am-5pm EST)
Platform: Zoom. Live Web-Based Workshop- Limited to 30 participants
Agenda: Two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break for lunch
6 Contact CE Hours
APT Approved Provider
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for (6 hrs) CONTACT CE Hours. Quiz will be given at the end of the workshop.
Cost: $75.00 ($6.00 for ALC Apprenticeship program)
Add on: If you want a Brave Play kit we will mail you one, to keep, for an additional $20.00 (two weeks before the event to allow time for shipping).
Program Description: Mental health professionals not only strive to model wellness but also benefit significantly from developing an emotionally stable sense of self. Engaging in wellness, as a form of mental practice, has shown to provide many benefits including reduction of burnout. The Five-Factor Wellness Inventory addressing all aspects of wellness while expanding on the necessity of creativity. This training will empower mental health professionals to better understand the research of creative wellness and create a SMART personal practice guide to reduce the negative impact of compassion fatigue. 6 APT Contact Hours / 6 NBCC Contact Hours
1. Participants will learn to identify and will experience 3 key factors of self-care.
2. Participants will learn the 5 key concepts of the Five-Factor Wellness Inventory Wheel (5f-welp).
3. Participants will gain an understanding of and list 3 reasons why self-care is an ethical practice for mental health professionals, specifically for Play Therapists.
4. Participants will demonstrate 3 play therapy techniques that facilitate self-care in for clients. (Wellness map, sickness map, brave play, Sandtray
5. Participants will complete a self-assessment for burnout and compassion fatigue and be able to describe the symptoms.
6. Participants will learn and engage in 2 creative wellness techniques based on the Creative Self aspect of the Wellness Wheel.
7. Participants will develop a personal self-care plan that is influenced by Creative Self research.
NOTE: Quiz will be given at the end of each day and the camera must be on during entire training to receive contact hours.
To register, click here.