Sandtray for Beginners: Experiential Learning – Where Theory & Practice Connect – Jan. 2022
Presenter: Ashley Garrett, LPCS, RPTS, EdS, NCC
Date: January 13th – January 14th, 2022: 8AM – 4PM
Location: Garrett Counseling, Boaz, AL
12.00 Clock Hours Total
This is a two-day introductory workshop that teaches the basics of Sandtray and Sandplay ® , in play therapy, knowledge. Counselors will gain insight into foundational components of sandtray/play. Counselors will increase their knowledge in order to offer clients this experiential healing opportunity of self-expression, gaining access to the unconscious, and empowerment through creative problem-solving. Beginners Level.
At the end of this workshop learns will be able to:
- Identify the therapeutic relationship that is utilized in the Sandtray experience.
- Explain how to gain access to the unconscious in both Sandtray and in Sand Play ®.
- List common themes in play therapy when utilizing Sandtray techniques.
- Describe different theories that can be used to help play therapy clients practice more adaptive and pro-social ways of solving problems and interacting with others through Sandtray directives.
- Identify best play therapy practices for when to use Sandtray.
- Identify best play therapy practices for using Sand Play ®.
- Become familiar with and use two directive Sandtray techniques to utilize for clients to explore self-regulation. 8. become familiar with and be able to model non-directive Sandtray skills, such as reflections, tracking, and “I wonder” statements.
- Explain three techniques used to document play therapy using Sandtray for reimbursement in a clinical note. 10. be able to self explore and learn through directive play therapy techniques for Sandtray.
- Personally experience and then lead a client in directive play techniques, guided by reflecting and tracking. 12. identify of how play therapy in a Sandtray can be used with adolescence to adulthood.
12.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
12.00 Clock Hours – Alabama State Board of Social Work – Provider No. 612
About the Presenter: Ashley Garrett, EdS, LPC-S, RPT-S, NCC
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional trainings are designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For for information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
Making Payment: Once you register, you will receive a link in the email you provided to make payment. You have not RESERVED your seat until you have paid.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancel fee. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.