Presenter: Dr. Ashley Garrett, PhD, LPCS, RPTS, EdS, NCC, ACS
Date: September 1st and September 2nd, 2023
Time: 8:30am-4:00pm CST
Location: Live Interactive Workshop
Cost: $275 (Payment Link will be sent to you via Paypal once you complete registration.)
12.00 Clock Hours Total – Live Webinar
- 12.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 12.00 Non Contact Clock Hours- APT Approved Provider No. 15-430 (no quiz)
Program Content Description / Learning Objectives:
Participants will advance Sandtray therapy skills through class discussion, lecture, and experiential work. This workshop will examine the principles of Sandtray techniques and will fill your therapeutic tool-box with advanced Sandtray skills to incorporate this modality with individuals, couples, and small groups.
- Participants will assess, discuss, and process through Sandtray examples of the neurobiological effects of trauma in the brain using a play therapy lens.
- Participants will demonstrate at least 3 advanced Sandtray techniques with directives central to processing trauma in adult therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate at least 3 advanced Sandtray techniques with directives central to processing trauma in child therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate through experiential play the impact that genogram sandtray protocol has in adult and child therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate through experiential play the impact that the adult attachment inventory (AAI) has in adult and child therapy.
- Participants will examine common Sandtray therapy techniques central to couple and family work in the clinical and/or play therapy setting.
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional training is designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For information about our speakers visit us here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancellation fee of $10.00. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to email@example.com. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.