Presenter: Lynsey Leopard, EdS, LPC & Dr. Ashley Garrett, PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S, ACS, NCC
Date: Saturday March 2nd, 2024
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST
Bring Your Own Lunch: You will have a 1 hour break to eat the lunch you brought or go to grab something nearby.
Location: Garrett Counseling – Jacksonville, AL
Cost: $120 (Payment Link: We will send you a payment link within a week after registering.)
6 NBCC / APT Contact Hours
- 6.00 Clock Hours National Board for Certificate Counselors – Provider No. 6763
- 6.00 Contact Clock Hours- APT Approved Provider No. 15-430 (quiz required)
**If you are interested in purchasing or learning more about the Brave Play Kit, click here.
Utilizing the framework of the Therapeutic Powers of Play, participants will have hands-on experience with traditional, therapeutic, and table games. Ways to incorporate board games to align with therapy goals and treatment of diagnoses will be reviewed, along with examples of documentation for reimbursement. At least 5 popular board games will be taught and participants will practice therapeutic modifications for various populations. 6 Continuing Education (NBCC and APT- Special Topics)
APT Breakdown: Special Topics
- Counselors will have an overview of the Therapeutic Powers of Play and how they are connected to utilize board and card games in the play therapy room.
- Counselors will learn about Game Play Theory and how it can be applied in treatment planning and ongoing psychotherapy for adults and children in play therapy.
- Counselors will learn how to utilize strategy board games for assessment in play therapy.
- Counselors will learn the therapeutic language to document the application of game play in play therapy sessions.
- Counselors will learn about the spectrum of game play classifications from collaborative to competitive play in various therapeutic applications.
- Counselors will engage in interactive play therapy through hand on game play learning at least 5 games that will accelerate the therapeutic impact during play therapy.
Brave Play offers continuing education for mental health professionals that is interactive and experiential. You’ll come away with more knowledge, new skills to enhance your practice, renewed energy, and meaningful connections. In today’s fast-paced world and complex mental health systems, many practitioners feel overwhelmed and experience burnout and other health problems. Our professional trainings are designed to offer you a safe space with unique opportunities to nourish your personal and professional selves. For for information about our speakers, click here.
*Garrett Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6763. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Garrett Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs NBCC ACEP Provider No. 6763.
*Garrett Counseling is approved by APT to provide continuing education. Garrett Counseling maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APT Approved Provider 15-430.
*By registering for this event you are giving Brave Play / Garrett Counseling permission to use video and photography for advertisement on all marketing material, including social media. You understand that all of GCC property is being recorded and all common areas have voice and video recordings. By registering and attending you are giving permission to GCC for both voice and video recordings on company property.
Making Payment: Once you register, you will receive a link in the email you provided to make payment. You have not RESERVED your seat until you have paid.
Cancellation Policy: If you contact us before the program date, you may exchange for a certificate to attend another program or a tuition refund less a cancel fee. Occasionally, changes are made due to unforeseen circumstances or participant demand. While Garrett Counseling will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, Garrett Counseling’s liability is limited to the tuition fee only. If you cancel, 10 business days before the event, you will receive a full refund. Cancellation must be received in writing and can be faxed to 1-256-217-4162 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If cancellation is not received in writing, you will be charged the full amount of tuition.